Tuesday, 27 September 2011

What has changed?


Really. What has changed that has changed me so much? Some things about me have changed so much that I am surprised with myself. I always thought I was the super-cool, “I don’t like crowds”, I hate festivals, I just want to be home no matter what’s happening in the world kinda guy. I’ve spent years being that boy. But of late, that boy seems to be vanishing.

I find myself looking forward to Durga Puja. The year before last, I went out with the whole family, and I hated it. Absolutely hated it. And yet, last year, I went out with friends, and absolutely loved it. I was out entire nights, walking walking walking, clicking photos, eating junk food, I got only about 4 hours of sleep a night for the better part of a week, and yet I wanted more! This year, I’m planning to do about 3 times more roaming around than I did last year. How have I turned into this guy? I wonder, what has changed?

I seem to like shopping for new clothes. I used to hate it. I used to be like, “Oh man, can we get this over with”, and this year I did my Puja shopping in one day, 9 and a half hours of non-stop shopping, and loved it. Where is all this energy coming from?

I remember never being enthusiastic about fireworks for Kali Puja too. I’d prefer to be in my room with my books and music, and yet, look at me now! For 3 years, I have been buying truck-loads of fireworks, rather to the delight of my mother and the entire family has been having a whale of a time!

I wonder what has changed. I wonder who this new guy is, who I am turning in to. I’d like to ask the new guy about his origins some day, coz I rather like this guy.
Post a Comment