Tuesday 2 January 2018

My Publications in 2017

2017 was the year where I ventured into writing for publications in a big way, concentrating mostly on online publications, as opposed to print. I must thank Devjyot Ghoshal of Quartz who got me started down this road. He emailed me expressing interest in republishing my article about the “invisible cemeteries of Kolkata”, which was re-run by Scroll. I then approached Scroll asking them if they would be interested in the kind of stuff I write for, and to my surprise, they said yes. I also must thank the wonderful people at Live History India, from whom I have done a couple of articles this year and hope to do more in the future.



Here’s a list of articles I did for publications this year –




QUARTZ

My original article on the invisible cemeteries –


SCROLL

The invisible cemeteries article re-run by Scroll


Calcutta’s forgotten monuments –


How Rabindranath Tagore used Rakhi to protest the partition of Bengal –


On the Jawed Habib Durga Puja ad controversy -


On the Art Deco houses of South Calcutta –


On Calcutta’s public art embarrassment –


LIVE HISTORY INDIA

On the lesser-known monuments of Agra –


On the 1756 siege of Calcutta


To be honest, I had never thought the "content" I was creating would be good enough for actual, serious publications, but to my great surprise, I found that it was. Look out for more article from me in 2018, and if you have questions, comments, or even suggestions about things you think I ought to cover, drop me a line at deepanjan.jocktalk@gmail.com


- by Deepanjan Ghosh

No comments: